Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yet Redeemed!


        2Peter 1, We are PARTAKERS of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire (v 4).  We were saved, we are being saved, & we will be saved because of Christ’s cross!  Because of this, we are to make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, & virtue with knowledge, & knowledge with self-control, & self-control with steadfastness, & steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, & brotherly affection with love (v. 5-7).  Whew!  What a daunting list.  But The Lord refines us & continues His good work within us to build upon the last, from the inside-out.  I love thinking about the progression of this list, how the last one—love can’t really be done completely until qualities like godliness and self-control have been added to your faith.  Mother Theresa spoke about doing small things with great love!

        From Redemption, God now walks with us & is ALWAYS at our side!  In His Great Commission, Jesus assured us, after claiming all authority in heaven & on earth that surely He will be with us ALWAYS, to the end of the age.  Like Abraham who had to take off his sandals in the presence of God, we know that where God is, the ground is holy.  From this, Jesus says, “NOW, GO!”  And we go, right?!  Or do excuses start, like Abraham?  Excuses, like “I’m not good enough; send someone else.  I’m not sure I trust You, that I don’t have enough credibility, eloquence, or talent.”  I know I need some major work here for sure.

        Here’s God’s response to Jacob in his dream: “Behold, I am with you; & will keep you wherever you go, & will bring you back to this land.  For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”  Then Jacob awoke from his sleep & said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, & I did not know it.” –Genesis 28:16-17 (ESV) 

YOU walk on holy ground!  Let’s go & live in this reality with great love!

No comments:

Post a Comment